Wednesday, November 18, 2020

What does writing in html really mean

So, I've come here a few times in the past month because I took on a client relatively unqualified for the job. I'd never done email marketing but I am familiar. But Google and Reddit mixed with Upwork has actually lead to good results and a crash course in email marketing!

The next turn of events came when the client asked their welcome series to be written in html. I was inserting pretty pictures of how they wanted it to look into the email, but now they want it coded in html. Understandable. Also, they want it so it's not one huge html block, but split into sections so we can drag and drop in the editor.

So I scrambled and found a few html freelancers to help me out with the job. And now I'm reviewing the work....

My freelancer inputted code section by section, so it's also very editable, as requested. But it's indistinguishable from if they just used Klaviyo's editor. So I guess my question is, with Klaviyo's software, is "writing in html" just not using images? When I edit the email, is it automatically putting it into html as my client is suggesting? Thanks!

submitted by /u/damgravity
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/jwiced/what_does_writing_in_html_really_mean/

No comments:

Post a Comment