Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Direct response production workflow?

If you're involved in email marketing production, I'm really curious to know what the workflow is like at your company!

If you're one of the people who puts together + schedules campaigns, what software do you use? How far in advance do you schedule your emails? How late do the copywriters submit their materials to you to put together? How much email do you personally work on per day? What parts of the process are you responsible for -- laying out the email, creating UTMs, building out code, QA testing, writing, design, etc.?

I work in email marketing and I basically put together eletters, locate different audience segments to build send lists, build the tracking links and schedule the sends to go out. We get the copy + material for our emails a couple hours before the emails go out. We don't schedule out stuff more than a few hours in advance. Let's see what else.... it's a very fast-paced environment and each "producer" has a a clump of emails to assemble/build tracking for etc. all due at different times of the day. Half of the emails are assigned to us, half are on a sign-up basis, basically there's a list of all the mail that needs to go out that day and you sign up for which ones you want to do. So it's a lot of emails but I don't think we do as much as other marketing firms in our area tbh.

This is my first "real" job out of college and I'm just interested in how other companies besides my own operate and how different places do things differently. What can I expect further down the line in my career? Are their standard procedures that most direct response marketing companies use or anything? What stuff is the most "important" to you in your workflow? I'm just really interested about hearing other peoples jobs lol.

submitted by /u/stank-sinatra
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/i0dv7f/direct_response_production_workflow/

No comments:

Post a Comment