Tuesday, July 14, 2020

I Need Help Building Out Automations, Grading, and Segmenting Funnel

I'm having a hard time organizing my thoughts and ideas to build out a fleshed out funnel for my contacts. (That's all putting it lightly).

I have roughly 20k contacts broken up into 3 major industries. All have unique needs/problems/questions with some overlap between the 3. We've done generic drip campaigns and some targeted campaigns with really great success. But nothing in the terms of a nurturing funnel that's constantly engaging, keeping our brand top of mind, and helping our contacts down the funnel towards a sales conversion.

Things that are bothering me, how long each phase is (Aware, Consider, Close). How many emails per phase. What dictates a contact moving to another phase (action based, or time delay, or do they have to wait through each phase), What topics per each phase (do I jump right into product line ups, company differentiation, overviews, or just go straight to asking if they want a quote).

I guess I just need to use this post as a soundboard to get feedback of what's worked well for others. I'm pretty sure I've nailed my email frequency and email length along with layout. At this point, it's constructing the funnel, segmentation, targeting, scoring, and writing the actual email and putting them in order of phases based on the levels of the funnel.

A small glimpse into our company is that we supply a range of products to design firms, general contract groups, and end users such as purchasing agents for major hospitality brands around the nation. The sales cycle can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on which of our industries engage with us. If it's a designer, the project could be 2 years out. If it's a general contractor, they could need a quote by next week. Same for purchasing agents.

Funny thing about Arch and Design firms. If they spec you, they don't actually pay you. The general contractor (a year later) gets the specs and calls you up for a quote and they pay. Or the GC will subcontract that aspect out and THEY'LL call you and ask for a quote and they'll pay. Either way, you could still lose the job if your quote isn't picked.

What are your ideas, what's worked for you, and what can you extract from what I've written that you suggest I do?

submitted by /u/TheSkyking2020
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/hr7nqv/i_need_help_building_out_automations_grading_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment