Tuesday, July 28, 2020

New to the email marketing game - ISO advice for Low open rates

I recently took over our email marketing efforts and really need some advice. We are B2B and utilize iContact with 11,000 subscribers and I currently send one message a week (the previous marketing person was sending 1 per month if that). Open rates are very low, highest being a rep with 15%, some reps have 6%. Over 80% of the messages are classified as no info (is this typical?).

I have been working with the reps to clean up their lists, removing bounces and they call their customers to mention they sent emails etc. I am worried that the open rates and clicks being reported are inaccurate - for example, a lot of the registered opens will have the same domain, or if I send a message with a link to our website, 45% of opens reportedly clicked on it each time (which seems unrealistic to me) where as if I include a pdf maybe 5% click on that.

Our lists are made up of leads and clients with addresses gathered by the reps. I am considering trying to warm up the lists but it is really all self taught for me so I am a little lost. I have ran our emails through a few different testers, we score pretty well but it seems our text to image ratio may be a little low and we do not have a DMARC record but we do have SPF and DKIM, and no alt attributes so I will be trying to remedy this in future messages.

My background is more in design, which is why I am struggling here. But I recognize it doesn't matter how pretty your email is if no one is opening it.

submitted by /u/wenshee11
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/hzjw68/new_to_the_email_marketing_game_iso_advice_for/

No comments:

Post a Comment