Thursday, July 23, 2020

Really good OR at 65% but CTR at 1%, why is this happening?

Okay, so for some context. The list is 1700 people where they opted in originally to be notified when we're releasing a new product a few weeks ago. Now, we're releasing the aforementioned product and I know the subject line is good (because of the OR) but the CTR is terrible.

I have the email formatted as an HTML (to track clicks and opens) but it's a very simple message with some text and a picture at the top of the product and the link towards the bottom. There's maybe 4 to 5 paragraphs so it shouldn't be too long.

What could I be doing wrong? Is my e-mail too short; should I put the link towards the top; I have a longer un-shortened Kickstarter link (maybe my link is too long)? Should I use a button instead? Ultimately, what's the issue for the low CTR? I say this as someone very new to e-mail marketing.

submitted by /u/Tymalightnuous
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/hwqzgt/really_good_or_at_65_but_ctr_at_1_why_is_this/

No comments:

Post a Comment