Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Do info@ email addresses end up in spam more often??

I’m a photographer that mainly tries to get commercial work from advertising agencies. My email forever has been info@myname.com I have a pretty big database that I subscribe to for contacts, problem is lots of photographers subscribe to the same one and people I’m marketing to are a bit overwhelmed. I’ve learned some gmail tricks instead of Mailchimp for better open rates. But I’m wondering if the generic “info” in my email address might be getting flagged by some spam filters right away since my open rates are pretty low. I know subject lines play a big factor too. I’m trying to do a big new business pitch this week with some Covid production workarounds I’ve been developing. I wonder if creating another email address like “firstname@myname.com” or “studio@myname.com” might even increase my chances of opens or not being sent to spam? 🤔 Also my sender name has always been “Firstname Lastname Photography” Do you think just a name on its own minus the “Photography” at the end might help? Or does that not matter?

submitted by /u/RicochetRandall
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/ig7tzr/do_info_email_addresses_end_up_in_spam_more_often/

No comments:

Post a Comment