Sunday, August 2, 2020

I think my newsletter is landing in the dreaded "promotions tab"

So I have a newsletter that I send out every Friday, and this last one I sent out has literally been the worst one yet in terms of open rate, CTR is still the same. (I use EmailOctoous)

For context, On Thursday I had a cross-promotion with another newsletter, which actually got me quite a bit of traffic and signups, but then two of these new subscribers informed me that the link on the double opt-in was saying "suspicious link", I took this up with the support and sent screenshots of what the subscribers sent and they "seemed" to have fixed the problem.

Anyways, the next day I send out my weekly newsletter as always, and for the last 2 months the open rate has been consistent between 60-65% and my mail-tester score is at a 9.5 (I do the test before I send out) and then bam...I get slapped with a 39% open rate...

I don't know if it was because of whatever the support did or whether I'm just ending up in the Promotions tab or what...maybe somebody here might have some advice for me.

submitted by /u/TheWonderingZall
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/i2ayz0/i_think_my_newsletter_is_landing_in_the_dreaded/

No comments:

Post a Comment