Tuesday, August 25, 2020

PDF looks great, buttons all work, so why in the world does it not embed into an email seamlessly? Can someone help me out?

Hi guys,

I am a newb to email marketing and have a question. I've created an email newsletter in Adobe InDesign - it includes several hyperlinks so I've exported it as an interactive PDF. I thought it was as easy as inserting it into the body of the email and voila, there it is, but no such luck. The PDF does embed itself in the email per-say, but going to click a button takes you to the opening of the PDF and then you can interact with it on that screen.

In a perfect email marketing world, the PDF would just sit in the email so as soon as the client opened their email, bam, there was the newsletter just like stores send them out and other websites when they're advertising weekly specials.

How do I achieve that seamless transition of simply clicking to open your email, there sits my PDF/newsletter that you can scroll through and click on? All advice is appreciated. Again, I am using all Adobe programs to achieve this and our company does use Mail Chimp for email campaigns, if that makes a difference to the responses.

submitted by /u/novafern
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/igcc3o/pdf_looks_great_buttons_all_work_so_why_in_the/

No comments:

Post a Comment