Friday, August 21, 2020

Writing concise but entirely informative emails to partners?

This may end up long so I apologize if that is the case.

I am not in marketing (hello, my name is Abby, I'm 22, and I'm an unemployed) but I'm really hoping that A) I'm in the right subreddit and B) at least one of you can help me out. tl;dr denoted by asterisk *.

I have a bad habit of rambling, and it's even worse when I'm anxious (which is 80% of the time). This is while speaking, in research papers, in emails, etc. Even when editing, I cannot get away from panicked tangents and/or adding irrelevant and often informal info. I procrastinate writing emails until the last possible second, or I end up writing and rewriting and writing and rewriting them because they sound idiotic, aren't informative, or show how terrible I am at everything. The older I get the more it becomes a problem, and during this infuriating pandemic, I think this issue is going to kill me.

->My current email problem is emailing a person that is supposedly my equal but I think she is my superior. I have been in contact with her for at least 3 years, but we do not know each other. She calls me by my first name, I call her Ms. __ because I don't even know if she's married! Anyway, she is my VocRehab caseworker and sometimes emails me about colleges, job hunting, and personal well-being checkups and I never know how to write my mail to her.

->I'm currently writing a letter of apology, as I've been ignoring the email she sent last week because I'm a coward, but I do not know what is acceptable to send. Her mail said "Are you doing well? Are you focusing on other things besides seeking employment?" and while I'm fairly certain that is a question addressing my eligibility for the program, I want to tell her the truth and say, "No and I'm so sorry, Ms. Job hunting has been on the back burner as I've been focusing on therapy and my mental + physical health as I try to survive each day".

But how do I say this without damaging our relationship, which is implied to be a partnership, without dumping all of my issues into her lap?

Thank you so much, and I apologize if this is not the right subreddit. I couldn't find rules or anything so I just went for it.

*Do you have any tips for writing concisely while still giving every necessary detail?

submitted by /u/ExoticSpit
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/idqtae/writing_concise_but_entirely_informative_emails/

No comments:

Post a Comment