Monday, September 7, 2020

Should I use a different email address for marketing purposes?

I have a small mentoring/consulting business. I have an email list of about 5k subscribers. For the “From” email address I use on all my outgoing marketing emails, I use the same address I use for day to day business. Should I consider switching that to a different address? Perhaps something like [hello@mydomain.com](mailto:hello@mydomain.com) instead of my actual [name@mydomain.com](mailto:name@mydomain.com).

I guess my main concern is that my regular email communication starts to get sent to the “Promotions” or even spam folder.

I send most marketing emails out via Mailchimp but I also have an email automation system I use (Mautic) that sends out emails via Sendgrid.

If so, I have a follow-up question… How “set up” do I need to make that email address? My domain register allows me to create email addresses there and just forward all communication to my main inbox. Is that good enough? Or should I actually set up and email account via my Google Business account? Or as long as I own the domain could I just type any ol’ email address with the domain into the “From” on outgoing marketing emails and it’d all be fine?

I realize that this is sort of a dumb question but it’s been plaguing me for a while.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/rococo78
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/ioby9z/should_i_use_a_different_email_address_for/

No comments:

Post a Comment