Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I’ve always felt doubt and boredom with every internet business I’ve created. And I've abandoned multiple businesses because of it. I've learned it's normal to feel this way. Here's what I do now. (crosspost from r/internetmarketing)

I’ve created 3 ‘successful’ ebook and online courses businesses (of which the heart is email marketing). But I’ve started and abandoned far more.

Each one started with intense enthusiasm and a feeling of “fuck yeah! If this works I’m living the dream”.

And that’s always taken two blows along the way:

#1: Imposter Syndrome. Before everything is setup I ALWAYS feel self-doubt in the form of imposter syndrome. A “who am I to tell others how to do anything”.

I can name 4 business attempts, where I’ve put in a shitload of work, and never launched! A complete pissing away of a ton of time and effort without even a chance for making a penny!

#2: Boredom. The idea seemed fun as hell when starting out. But then I got working and suddenly other ideas for alternative businesses/niches began to dominate my head.

Suddenly my niche seems a drag. And another 2 businesses abandoned without a penny made again.

Each time I abandoned a business I felt horrid. I felt like a loser with no discipline. Which of course hurt my self-esteem bad.

Fortunately, I know now these feelings are 100% normal. And know they will be for you too.

But for god sake don’t abandon your idea like I did!

Instead you need to simply be aware these will happen. And learn to smile when they come up. (Because they will).

The antidote is simple, albeit unsexy.

Just keep going. Get your business started to the point you have a chance to make money. (i.e. sell something).

Because the moment you start making sales (which you will ) all that initial gusto and enthusiasm will come rushing back!

I hope that helps.

If you liked the, come by r/InternetMarketing for more. I'm mod there and it's a wonderful little community for guys who sell ebooks and online courses.

Peace!

submitted by /u/GanonMakesMoney
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/jixwfi/ive_always_felt_doubt_and_boredom_with_every/

No comments:

Post a Comment