Saturday, July 18, 2020

How to deal with low-quality leads? Should I use content lockers?

Yesterday I noticed that I had someone subscribe to my mailing list to obtain my lead magnet using a temporary email address (20 minute mail) which really got under my skin.

I also have had a number of people that downloaded all of my lead magnets then immediately unsubscribe from my mailing list. I call these people "hit and runners".

Recently, I posted up an announcement, asking my readers who number in the thousands to help me fill out a short survey that would only take a minute of their time yet I only had 1 person fill out the survey that would have helped me create better content for them (e.g. asking them what sort of future content they would have liked to read on the site).

I also occasionally get emails from readers asking me to coach them for free one on one, but when I mention coaching needs to be paid, I never hear back from them. I also get several emails a month from readers that ask me questions regarding their problems which I am happy to help out but I'm wondering when will they pay back that value or will they just keep on leeching value away from me?

On my email welcome series, I send out a welcome email that asks the people that join my mailing list to reply back with a problem or question that they have, yet I have only had 1 person do this!

There's also a call to action to join my facebook group in that email, yet I only had 1 person join the group.

I seem to be attracting a lot of low quality leads to my website that want to just get free information, have very little engagement, and just TAKE TAKE TAKE!

It's driving me NUTS!

Now I am just wondering how do I deal with this?

I am contemplating adding in content locks to my content that prevents people from reading it unless they are on the mailing list and my buddy has even suggested that I lock content and only make it available to people that pay a monthly membership fee.

I am worried that this will turn off a lot of my readers and even alienate the "super fans" but at the same time, a business needs to make money to survive and you can't have freeloaders coming in all the time that just take but never give back.

Next week I am planning on posting up an announcement about an upcoming ebook that I am going to launch through a pre-launch landing page to validate the idea, but based on the level of engagement, I am not too confident about the number of sign-ups.

It seems my readers love my content as I regularly receive great feedback from them yet when it comes time to ask for some value back (e.g. please help me fill out this short survey or signup to learn more about my upcoming products), they don't return the value.

I'm at the point where I'm so frustrated that I feel like closing up shop.

How do you guys deal with low-quality leads like this?

submitted by /u/startupevolution
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/htoog0/how_to_deal_with_lowquality_leads_should_i_use/

No comments:

Post a Comment