Saturday, August 1, 2020

Do You Get Rude Replies to your Marketing Emails?

Hi everyone.

My native language is not English, therefore sorry for any weird sentences in advance...

I have sent some e-mails to abroad about a new product. It was a plain e-mail and I did not use any CRM since the mail amount was not too much.

I have sent the mail to some recipients in the UK and US. However, one thing really demoralized me.

I got 3 relatively rude responses from people in Oklahoma. It really surprised me because I don't know if this is a cultural thing but when I get an e-mail that I am not interested in, I just delete it. If they spam me, I either unsubscribe or flag it as spam.

And I didn't get any negative responses from other cities in UK or US. Some people kindly requested to be removed from our list which I did.

I am new in my business and I get depressed easily. So this issue really got me thinking. Should I avoid certain states or cities (or countries) when I send e-mails promoting my business? Could this be because of the way my e-mail is written and that they possibly understood that I am a foreigner and are bothered by this?

Or is getting rude replies common?

submitted by /u/foup8
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/i1r6z1/do_you_get_rude_replies_to_your_marketing_emails/

No comments:

Post a Comment