Friday, September 11, 2020

Anyone ever feel stuck when asked what "new strategy" you plan to take?

This is part rant, part advice seeking. I don't know if I'm an expert in email, but I've done it for a few years and I feel like I have a good grasp on what content resonates and I've gotten much better at the technical side. However, we've seen stagnation from email traffic at my company that wants to generate leads. I can't do anything transactional at this moment like alerts (although I really really want to) and I've just generally been framing drop campaigns that fit a general user's sale cycle. I've had tons of issues with our ESP not working the way we intended that is both on our end and theirs, and I am just generally tapped out of ideas. I'm expected to grow our sessions and leads in an already niche market with business practices that seem stuck in the 90's.

Also, everyone and their mother has asked me to send different surveys to users and it has decreased our reputation because one of them was this massive survey. Yahoo has been a goddamn bitch to me lately with a spike in soft bounces.

For more context, our competitors are people like Trulia and Zillow, who send almost no nurture content out, so I don't understand what the hell they expect from me. I'm burnt out, bored, and just depressed. My report numbers aren't amazing but we are up 30% over last year. It still won't be good enough.

If you've read this far, thanks. I'd appreciate some advice.

TLDR: dealing with "hey OP, how do we get more leads through email even though we don't have the ability outside of our weekly API based sends to share listings and not in any real-time way that conveys urgency?" And out of ideas.

submitted by /u/hypeeveryoneup
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Emailmarketing/comments/iqxede/anyone_ever_feel_stuck_when_asked_what_new/

No comments:

Post a Comment